Partitioning 3 disk drives with Ubuntu Breezy

From: NoneOfBusiness (NoneOfBusiness_at_nob.net)
Date: 10/29/05

    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:27:31 -0400

    I have a system with 3 scsi disk drives and i was wondering how i
    should partition them for use with Ubuntu 5.10. The drives are:

    SDA 36.4gigs
    SDB 36.4gigs
    SDC 18 gigs

    Any ideas on how to use the LVM with this setup? I am having issues
    getting these drives partitioned and having grub install in the
    correct place for boot

    • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
      ... I've used that Ubuntu disk in LiveCD mode and made some major headway ... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my E: drive, the remaining partition ... to that after I've salvaged as much of the F: and G: drives as I can. ... I'm using the Ubuntu disk to do as much as I can before I mess with Windows. ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
    • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
      ... If "drive" means a single partition or logical drive, then the negatives you've heard are very true. ... But if "drive" means a physical hard disk drive, then I'm in big trouble because I have SIX versions of Windows installed on my 1 TB Disk 1, my second HDD! ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...
    • Re: BootIt NG high level steps - best approach??
      ... backup boot strategy. ... As far as BING, I should tell you I've been using this software ... make managing your bootable options and partition management so much easier. ... drives) and the DATA partition on a mirrored array. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
    • Re: install gparted on Ubuntu 8.10
      ... I am unable to install gparted on Ubuntu 8.10, ... You'll be better off downloading a live version of GParted or Partition ... I dont like using later versions of Ubuntu because it is becoming ... it lists various things but none of the drives, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Dual booting
      ... of Microsoft's dual boot scenario. ... The extended partition is not assigned a drive letter, ... BIOS reserves letters A and B for floppy drives, ... If WinXP Setup ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)