Partitioning 3 disk drives with Ubuntu Breezy

From: NoneOfBusiness (NoneOfBusiness_at_nob.net)
Date: 10/29/05

    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 23:27:31 -0400

    I have a system with 3 scsi disk drives and i was wondering how i
    should partition them for use with Ubuntu 5.10. The drives are:

    SDA 36.4gigs
    SDB 36.4gigs
    SDC 18 gigs

    Any ideas on how to use the LVM with this setup? I am having issues
    getting these drives partitioned and having grub install in the
    correct place for boot

    • Re: Help! Major Memory Installation Issue
      ... I've used that Ubuntu disk in LiveCD mode and made some major headway ... I still haven't seen hide nor hair of my E: drive, the remaining partition ... to that after I've salvaged as much of the F: and G: drives as I can. ... I'm using the Ubuntu disk to do as much as I can before I mess with Windows. ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
    • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
      ... If "drive" means a single partition or logical drive, then the negatives you've heard are very true. ... But if "drive" means a physical hard disk drive, then I'm in big trouble because I have SIX versions of Windows installed on my 1 TB Disk 1, my second HDD! ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...
    • Re: BootIt NG high level steps - best approach??
      ... backup boot strategy. ... As far as BING, I should tell you I've been using this software ... make managing your bootable options and partition management so much easier. ... drives) and the DATA partition on a mirrored array. ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
    • Re: install gparted on Ubuntu 8.10
      ... I am unable to install gparted on Ubuntu 8.10, ... You'll be better off downloading a live version of GParted or Partition ... I dont like using later versions of Ubuntu because it is becoming ... it lists various things but none of the drives, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Dual Boot Instructions
      ... OS on a separate partition. ... the PHYSICAL DISK number, ... You should, at any one time, see ONE System Partition and ONE Boot ... The name stuck when we added hard disk drives, ...