Re: Mail viewing program and web page editor

From: nospam (johnmd1_at_(nospam)ns.sympatico.ca)
Date: 10/30/05

    Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:32:43 GMT

    On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 06:50:17 -0500, JDS <jeffrey@example.invalid>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 01:46:25 +0000, John wrote:
    >
    >> There may have been some programs to do that but I couldn't find one.
    >
    >Even Netscape 4 let you do what you are talking about. NS4 was released
    >in 1998

    I had a look at Netscape 4x and couldn't find what I wanted it to do.
    I want to be able to connect to the mail server without starting a
    browser and have the program download all the headers that are there.
    I then want to be able to read the text in the messages and if I don't
    want to download then I want to be able to delete the message.
    I also want a program that will do this to mutable e mail address.
    Could you please tell me how to get Netccape 4x to do this.
    Remember I don't want to download any of the messages to my hard
    drive.
    Most the the programs I looked at so far were web mail programs which
    work fine but are not as fast in my case as the old windows program I
    am now uses.
    There are anumber of windows programs that do this.

    John