Re: Help with WMP on Linux

George wrote:

I have been googleing for an answer to this but have found nothing so far.
I suspect though the answer has to be their as I am sure I am not the
first person to have this problem.

Anyway my problem is I cannot get Windows Media Player files that play
within a web page using Firefox on Linux (I have not tried any other web
browser). I have tried on Suse 10, Fedora Core 4 and Ubunto Breezy Badger.
One of the main pages I have tried is from cnn.com's videos. I have gxine
installed and have no problems playing regular WMP files, just having
problems when they are played within the browser.

Get the mplayerplug-in package for your linux distribution/package version.

Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
.