Re: Help with WMP on Linux

George wrote:

I have been googleing for an answer to this but have found nothing so far.
I suspect though the answer has to be their as I am sure I am not the
first person to have this problem.

Anyway my problem is I cannot get Windows Media Player files that play
within a web page using Firefox on Linux (I have not tried any other web
browser). I have tried on Suse 10, Fedora Core 4 and Ubunto Breezy Badger.
One of the main pages I have tried is from cnn.com's videos. I have gxine
installed and have no problems playing regular WMP files, just having
problems when they are played within the browser.

Get the mplayerplug-in package for your linux distribution/package version.

Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

  • Re: Help with WMP on Linux
    ... I suspect though the answer has to be their as I am sure I am not ... Anyway my problem is I cannot get Windows Media Player files that ... other web browser). ... I have a little more experience with Linux now so maybe it will ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Help with WMP on Linux
    ... I have been googleing for an answer to this but have found nothing so far. ... I suspect though the answer has to be their as I am sure I am not the ... Anyway my problem is I cannot get Windows Media Player files that play ... problems when they are played within the browser. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Several questions about the LG Voyager
    ... thing has got iPhone-style WebTV browser device written all over it. ... attaches to without a sellphone company interference. ... file off the main computer on the tablet far away, ... N800 or N810 Linux internet tablet the sellphone company DOESN'T get to ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Reporting tools
    ... I always find it a little suspect when people mention "linux" in context ... It's not that simple because .NET is a local Windows service and client ... a browser connects to the server and identifies the ... Of course you can do this in any language: ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Linux still surfs slower than Windows
    ... That wouldn't explain why the Linux browser chokes on any given ... >>up with the same DNS configurations. ... > although it seems they do work properly with MS requests. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)