Re: Xine or Totem setup for DVD movie watching on Knoppix/Ubuntu Live CD

joedoe_31@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi!

I am trying to test a case with my DVD-ROM drive for watching movies on
DVDs as I have a difficulty on the current setup (on Win98). I am
trying to see movies on Live CD (currently have Knoppix 3.3 or Ubuntu
5.10, but don't wish to install them yet for this test case). I need
instructions for adding the DVD plugins as needed for Xine (Knoppix) or
Totem (Ubuntu). I can install libdvdcss2.0.9 (from videolan.org), but
Xine seems to need more plugins or a better configured setup for it.

Would you post the steps in getting the necessary libs/plugins and
configuration/setup?
Also, I don't have direct home access to the Net, so I can't directly
install files/packages off the web sites, therefore, I need to know
where I can get individual files/pkgs first.

Thanks,

Sid

I use the following site to keep Xine up and running, as they have both the
"libdvdcss" and "W32Codex"

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/xine/

Do a download on all necessary files (I usually avoid the "src" files and
just download the appropriate "RPB's)and install the "RPM's" (if you are
using SuSe, Yast works really well here) and you are good to go.

Deb

  • Xine or Totem setup for DVD movie watching on Knoppix/Ubuntu Live CD
    ... I am trying to test a case with my DVD-ROM drive for watching movies on ... DVDs as I have a difficulty on the current setup. ... but don't wish to install them yet for this test case). ... Xine seems to need more plugins or a better configured setup for it. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Cannot install Windows Server 2003 Standard
    ... Because of the updates i keep only the newest dvds. ... Now i want to install 2003 Standard R2 on the same computer. ... I started Setup, format the system partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: Windows Installer does not install any files
    ... I am trying to install a VS2005 Windows Forms .Net project on a 64-bit Windows Server using Setup2.msi Setup.exe generated by Setup and Deployment project for a 64-bit operating system. ... The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)
  • Re: Continual Error 1321 Trying to Install Office 2003
    ... As to evidence of which app installed wisptis, I suppose you'd have to set ... 2003 sure wants to install it and stalls when it can't because the progress ... Is there any way in the world to get into setup with some custom tool from ... *My Lack of MSFT Support Rant and View Hex Error Messages Do Nothing for the ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Continual Error 1321 Trying to Install Office 2003
    ... it needs and now setup wants to stuff it back in. ... Wisptis is explained ... that will let me do a detailed enough or selective enough custom install to ... people running Office don't use a tablet. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)