Re: Best Window Manager?
- From: Gregg <totfitNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:37:49 -0500
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:43:05 -0700, kurt wrote:
Frankly, I thought the tone of your post was a bit patronizing. Maybe
you assumed I was a 16-year-old wannabe hacker; or maybe you didn't mean
it that way at all, I don't know. If that's the case, forgive me; I've
found the Linux newgroups fairly full of people who like to either rip
or patronize the newbies.
Kind of reminds me of my first few times on a golf course...
I don't think it a property of the Linux newsgroups, but newsgroups in
general. There are many newsgroups where the unknowing seeking help are
ripped just for the "fun" of it. I don't think that generally the case in
Linux groups. If you really want to see some sick exchanges check out
24hoursupport.helpdesk. I am a newbie myself, but I can accept a bit of
patronizing as long as I can get a bit of information to make things work.
- Prev by Date: Re: Best Window Manager?
- Next by Date: Wget problem
- Previous by thread: Re: Best Window Manager?
- Next by thread: Re: Best Window Manager?