Re: Linux activation?

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 15:26:16 -0400, Kevin M wrote:

Looks like Linux is getting to be another Microsoft. I installed Xandros 4
on one of my machines. It must be activated to get updates. I installed
Linux XP on another machine, it will stop working after 30 boots unless it
is activated. This really stinks.

Patient: Doc, it hurts when I do this!
Doctor: Well, don't do that!

I use Ubuntu, Gentoo and Elive - no activation needed.

  • Re: perfmon2 merge news
    ... I hope to convince you, lkml developers, to pay more attention to our ... Imagine my company bought an expensive complex multi nodes, ... My company made the strange decision to go for linux, ... debugging and diagnosing those enormous machines. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Video editing in Linux?
    ... >> or the desire to screw other people's machines up. ... >manufacturwers knew they could sell enough to putrely windows users to ... Does linux take full advantage of your graphics card? ... PC plugin to a plugin within a linux application? ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Windoz XP as a telnet server
    ... proper firewalling would have solved) these things require ignorant users to ... job of securing machines (OE still defaults to read in HTML, ... requires updates to patch holes on a regular bases. ... linux or windows. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Need tutorials, guides... However...
    ... performance loss you'll get from an OS like Windows or Linux. ... machines out there have gone off in many different directions. ... expect to find certain hardware at certain addressess. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: a clueless bloke tells Xilinx to get a move on
    ... Desktop 64bit machines this size aren't exactly ... Linux servers here in an MPI cluster, ... data set generally brings the processor to a grinding halt on memory, ... Generally applications which have out grown 32 bit cpu caches, ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)