Re: Insatlling MySQL

gn_@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Please don't top-post next time.

In /etc/rc.d/init.d there is no mysqld-file at all.

Thats bad, but from where did you get the RPM for mysql?

When I do locate mysqld I get this:

locate, whereis and so on does only look in directories that are in your $PATH, as example /etc/ isn't.

[root@server /]# locate mysqld
/usr/include/mysql/mysqld_error.h
/usr/share/man/man1/mysqldump.1.gz
/usr/share/zsh/4.2.0/functions/_mysqldiff
/usr/bin/mysqldumpslow
/usr/bin/mysqldump

Is there some wrong with my installation?

What do you get when you:

rpm -ql mysql

and when you:

rpm -ql mysql-server

//Aho

  • Re: cannot install google earth on F19
    ... wget -c http://dl.google.com/earth/client/current/GoogleEarthLinux.bin ... su -c 'yum install redhat-lsb.i686' ... Don't top-post, s'il vous plaît. ... rpm -evh google-earth-stable ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using bittorrent on FC4
    ... I am not that familiar with rpm, I use yum whenever possible. ... I did however find that same list with locate, whereis, and find. ... Now after yum install bittorrent, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: rkhunter warnings, maybe yum issues?
    ... places that rkhunter has rpm looking. ... Could you give an example showing the queries you've performed? ... "whereis" looks for files available on the file-system in various paths. ... "rpm" only covers files included in installed RPM packages as tracked by ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [opensuse] doc to txt conversion
    ... menus, and wv from konsole gives command not found, even though rpm ... I suppose it's a bit unintuitive to try rpm -ql to list the contents ...
    (SuSE)
  • dvdauthor dependency weirdness
    ... $ rpm -q ImageMagick ... $ rpm -q lcms ... error: Failed dependencies: ... $ whereis libMagick.so.0 ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)