How many Linux users?

I would like to know how many computers are running under some form of LInux
in North America.

I have not been able to discover that number with any combination of words
that I can think of to put into a search engine.

Would any of you gentlemen be able to point me to a source for a reasonably
reliable estimate?

Thanks in advance.

  • Re: How many Linux users?
    ... LInux in North America. ... I have not been able to discover that number with any combination of ... I use Linux and nobody has surveyed me. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Will there ever be a time when linux is a rival to Windows?
    ... we could do to address this, at least in the Linux world. ... people are just ignorant. ... take that as a compliment. ... Problem is that most people aren't as heavily into computers as we are. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] reliability vs. latest and greatest...(was Re: Several systemd-private-* dire
    ... sysvinit of your own, show it works, or go to something that doesn't use ... It may have been perfect for your needs but you are not the entire universe of Linux never mind openSuse users. ... Of course government databases, are there to terrorise and oppress and manipulate, but those databases were around long before computers. ... backup/domain server, mail server imap server, named/bind name resolution, time ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Demand That Microsoft Sell No Code Before Its Time
    ... > would find that linux vulnerabilities are on the up. ... >> Gate$ a chance to fix a lame product with patch after patch after ... >> patch as they continue to struggle to keep their computers working. ... Windows is less secure just because it is installed on 95% of all PCs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Novell Desktop Linux 10: getting closer to a toss up between Linux & Windows?
    ... No I have installed grml linux from grlm.org. ... Computers are DIRT-CHEAP to buy, ... But arguing that KDE and Gnome are big and heavy is just ... Imagine a screwdriver, JUST A BLOODY SCREWDRIVER. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)