Re: OT: Happy Friday the 13th

Moe Trin wrote:
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.linux, in article
<f13f9$4626a10c$cf704608$25720@xxxxxxxxx>, Duinen wrote:

Moe Trin wrote:

dos4ever© wrote:

We used to have Friday the 13th parties in the old days......
even when (like last month) Friday the 13th came on a Tuesday.[1]

[1] Let's see if anyone remembers _that_ line.
Churchy Lafemme (Pogo)

Are you remembering that from the original 1950s strips, or from the
the reprints of the books in the late 1970s? ;-)

From the same period, had you heard that Johnny Hart died last week?
("BC", and with Brant Parker, "The Wizard of ID") He was 76.

Old guy

In between, the strips were printed here in Canada in (I think) The Globe and Mail. I'm pretty sure I was still living in Montreal which puts it before 1978.

--
Mechanized Knowledge!

  • Re: "Authors Preferred Text" - examples?
    ... rarer in books. ... The recent Del Rey R.E. Howard reprints generally use Howard's manuscripts ... his original Doc Savage manuscripts in the current round of reprints. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: SF published in January 2011
    ... to filter out reprints. ... books on both sides of the Atlantic at the same time, ... between, for example, Tor US and Tor UK (I first heard of the ... have dual US/UK ISBNs. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Not pseudonyms, but most famous ghost-written SF?
    ... When Lawrence Sanders died, his publisher got Vincent Lardo to keep ... industry producing Hubbard books. ... Are you sure they aren't reprints from the 30s and 40s? ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Re: Worst book youve read?
    ... heroine is an agent of the Bureau of Ecology, ... short-story collections from that period. ... Aldiss) and some reprints of older American editions, ... anthologies, along with many other books, have disappeared. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Legion Of SuperHeroes reprints
    ... Re: Legion Of SuperHeroes reprints ... grinningdemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 ... How about reprinting all the books? ...
    (rec.arts.comics.dc.lsh)