Re: Q: how to control internal directory ordering
- From: Gros Loup <gros_loup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 03 May 2007 20:43:51 GMT
Le Wed, 02 May 2007 19:05:58 +0000, Robert Newson a écrit:
Gros Loup wrote:
I'd like to order the files in directories internally... because my
autoradio (after copy to USB key) uses internal order!
Filesystem is vfat (:-() but if I can get to order files in the source
directory before copying datas to the USB key, it should solve the problem
as well => initial file system is a normal ext3 one.
How is the final copy to USB key done? Something like:
$ cp <wild_card_files> <USB_key>
I execute cp -r src_dir_name target_dir_name
If I execute
files appear sorted.
Following your question, I've tried
cp * target_dir
the order changes but files are still not sorted.
I also tried to copy files one by one into an empty directory =>
cp filename target_dir
as many times as I've got files (and of course in the order I'd
like to get ;-)), still, files are not sorted.
- Prev by Date: Re: Ati dirver problem
- Next by Date: Sharing a Share ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Q: how to control internal directory ordering
- Next by thread: Re: Q: how to control internal directory ordering