Re: Firefox on a dialup

Dave Kelly <daveekelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have ubuntu installed on my laptop. I have a dialup internet
connection at work. (just to make the architect happy).

Can I use Firefox or should in install something else?

TIA
Dave

--
A little rum in the morning coffee. Just to clear the cobwebs, ya know.

I used Firefox on dial-up on this very computer. I'm now on broadband
and still use it. The difference? Dial-up is slower. It still works.
It's up to you to decide if Firefox fits your needs.

--Rod
______________________
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical
Consumers" and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." To reply by e-mail
take the second "o" out of the e-mail address.

  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... without any fuss like Firefox does - not a slow (on my dial-up) ... I suggest you just keep Firefox if you otherwise like it. ... Windows updates are soon enough going ... cancelled it and stopped watching TV. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... I suggest you just keep Firefox if you otherwise like it. ... Since you are on dial-up, the last thing you want is a browser that automatically updates itself or your system will grind to a halt if you are trying to "browse" and the updater starts up. ... When I switched to DSL from dial-up...since I was able to dispense with my 2nd phone line, I ended up actually saving money. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... without any fuss like Firefox does - not a slow (on my dial-up) ... I suggest you just keep Firefox if you otherwise like it. ... Windows updates are soon enough going ... No DSL out here in the country. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... without any fuss like Firefox does - not a slow (on my dial-up) ... I suggest you just keep Firefox if you otherwise like it. ... XP will not allow you to install anything higher than IE8 ... Windows updates are soon enough going ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Changing browsers
    ... I'd like something that upgrades by itself without ... any fuss like Firefox does - not a slow (on my dial-up) complicated ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)