Re: FSCK'ing at the wrong time!

Michael Everson wrote:
Debian is not the one requiring your filesystem to be checked, your filesystem is the one requiring it to be checked.
You could increase the mount count between fsck's and lose your earliest detection if something goes wrong.
I would fsck the day before your presentation and be done with it.

Ok let's clarify a few things here.

The FSCK utility in the Debian distribution *is* where the file system is requiring to be checked on boot, the file system isn't the problem here.

As I explained, I could increase the mount-count to a higher value, however I don't want to; I want to see linux meet the needs of the user, not the other way around, hence there should be an option to cancel an in progress fsck.

--
Regards,
Sheridan Hutchinson