Re: Intro: Noob in the forum

On Dec 10, 6:35 pm, AHappyCamper <@thelandfill.com> wrote:
Night0wl wrote:
Hello;

I'm new to this forum, and a relative noob (1yr) to Linux, though not to
computers, networking, nor the competitor OS. Hope to hang, visit and
maybe learn a few things along the way.

Cheers;

Ed

Wilkomen, Mein Herr!

Indeed, most Linux people are happy to help their own, as long as it
is not redundant. (think searching forums and such before asking)

  • Intro: Noob in the forum
    ... I'm new to this forum, and a relative noob to Linux, though not to computers, networking, nor the competitor OS. ... Hope to hang, visit and maybe learn a few things along the way. ...
    (alt.linux)
  • Re: Help w/ Not-booting Problem
    ... >No - setting the hostname is one element in the boot process. ... I have had a working system of RedHat Linux 7.2 for several months. ... >external DNS server on an adsl router! ... >You appear to have a networking problem. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: I Want to identify best Linux approach, and any pitfalls.
    ... Built in sound and networking etc. ... > port it..and I have been investigating CAD stuff like qcad, ... www.ac3d.org - has what seems to be a good commercial package for Linux. ... > Plus any extra software that would be needed to get functionality up to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux, X, ld, gcc, linking, shared libraries and stuff
    ... You don't have to install any networking ... > know linux, but there seems to be several "window" managers available. ... underlying API, Xlib in this case, is too complicated to use. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Fedora 6 - How to name machines on LAN for net?
    ... ohmster.ohmster.com ohmster #eth0 to Internet ... it is not necessary to route all traffic through the linux server. ... I want to learn Linux routing and networking so this is the reason that I ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)