Re: Programming Languages / IDEs

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 03:23:49 GMT,
Rob <user@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do wonder about python, perl and ruby do they allow you use variable
with out declaring them.

Very bad practice, in any language. Make sure you at least initialize
them.

Michael C.
--
mjchappell@xxxxxxxxxxx http://mcsuper5.freeshell.org/

Whoever has a heart full of love has something to give.

  • Re: Ruby vs. PHP
    ... done is checked out which versions of Perl, Python, YARV, Ruby, jRuby ... dynamic language to the seconds for the benchmark with gcc. ... YARV, Python, Perl and PHP have fairly close medians and the boxes are ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Python compared to other language
    ... I think that Ruby, which roughly speaking sits somewhere between Python ... and Perl, is closer to Python than Perl is. ... I'm not sure if Ruby, or PHP, are as general purpose as Perl or Python. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: A couple of questions from a Ruby neophyte
    ... Ruby has the One-click installer, which you can get from www.rubyforge.org ... Perl and Python have ActiveState versions of the same. ... Perl has the best regexp engine, ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: C in Science and Engineering...
    ... RM> programs in ruby or python is easier than writing it in some ... requires a lot more fiddly bits and programmer attention. ... I can accomplish it with one line of Perl. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Perl vs Python vs Ruby
    ... > I checked out Python, ... > People claim that one of the major flaws of Perl is its 'line noise' ... But all programming languages allow some degree of insanity. ... > I also looked at Ruby, and that language looks very foreign to me. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)