Re: Suse 11 is frustrating

In message <f0pjf4d2prcd4n357eajkddrq69dsrnujo@xxxxxxx>, Shadow wrote:

I need to compile wireless drivers to access the net, so I issue the
command

yast2 --install gcc make kernel-source kernel-headers

and ..... yast insists that I download the openoffice thesaurus, which
will be essential to build my drivers. Also the java update. Plus a
lot of other stuff that I didn't even know I needed, and never have
needed before.

I've been using yum. Bit slow, but does actually work.

  • Re: Now having problems finding downloads!
    ... I am now having problems finding the drivers that I need to ... > download to repair my video and sound. ... If you don't wish to follow all of the advice immediately, ...
  • Re: Mouse Drivers
    ... Don't use any drivers for it from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/. ... go to logitech's web site - etc. Download the latest drivers and install ... using Windows XP "prettifications". ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: SP2 in Software Distribution ?
    ... > I am going to update my fathers to SP2 and he has already had his ... > computer set to auto download. ... Then you can clean it up. ... latest drivers for your hardware devices. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The dreaded Blue Screen
    ... Download the ... latest drivers for your hardware devices. ... You have a video card that allows you to see on ...
  • Re: "My Computer" system folder freezes
    ... > 2, I have created a new account, and that account does not have the> problem with the "my computer" system folder crashing. ... check your device manufacturers websites for the latest drivers. ... If your system is clear of viruses, open Control Panel, open System, go ... If you do not have an XP CD, you can download this application ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)