Re: For The Newbies

Beej Jorgensen <beej@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Sidney Lambe <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why are they doing this? Because they are threatened by people
running a free operating system who actually understand how it
works.

If PV felt that way, Slack would look just like CentOS, which it
doesn't.

I don't know CentOS, but any distro running kde obviously looks
like any other distro running kde. And they all look like they
are running windows.

You have taken the statement out of context. I was obviously
referring to the corporations who have _purchased_ Patrick
Volkerding and his cronies.

http://troy-at-kde.livejournal.com/14690.html

I love responses like this. If what I was saying wasn't true, he
wouldn't have reacted defensively and dishonestly and included
a bunch of crap being peddled by the worst scum on the usenet,
which I have deleted. I don't even understand it, but I can
sure tell when someone is _trying_ to be abusive.

Beej is a regular on alt.os.linux.slackware.

I don't advise going there for help with slackware. They'll try
to shove kde down your throat, and as you can see, they aren't
very nice people.

The fact is, and if you study the docs I have posted here you
will discover this in short order, that there really isn't
any difference between one distro and the next. It's all an
illusion.

[delete]

Sid

--