Re: For The Newbies

Beej Jorgensen wrote:

Sidney Lambe <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Beej is a regular on alt.os.linux.slackware.

This much is true.

I don't advise going there for help with slackware.

Don't take anything Dan C says personally and you'll do fine.

They'll try to shove kde down your throat

Slackware doesn't even start X by default--it's text mode unless you
deliberately configure it otherwise. This is quite the opposite of
"shoving KDE down your throat", I think most people would agree.

and as you can see, they aren't very nice people.

Nonsense! We have party whistles just like everyone else. (Except
ours are text-only.)

The fact is, and if you study the docs I have posted here you will
discover this in short order, that there really isn't any difference
between one distro and the next.

"It's got four legs and it's a pet--it must eat food!" The Devil, as
always, is in the details.

-Beej

This poster is a known troll and acts like some kid. He probably just
discovered Linux recently and posts this nonsense when he gets all
excited about a new command he's learned.

  • Re: Arrays instead of files into hashes
    ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ... terminology extraction for linguistic purposes. ... little script and the output is an array which I can display in a file ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Need help on AoH or array or any other think that might help!
    ... of foreach), but it will run. ... understand the issue now that you've seen the code this was in response ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Newbie php problem
    ... Please forget the first part of the script, as I do put some extra ... accepting input, ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Favorite object-oriented modules?
    ... Programming in Perl? ... developing with other people that do go crazy and not CPAN modules. ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Date/Time module
    ... possible the calculations don't lend themselves to a super efficient ... but I'm betting they do. ... Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)