Re: unistallation

On 26-Apr-11 3:58 PM, idoc wrote:
To: alt.linux
can I unistall linux???? help me. I never do it. idoc

Yes you can. Here is how to do it:

1) If you are running linux only, boot with a live linux cd and delete all linux partitions. Then, open a terminal and write "if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1" (without the quotes) and press enter. This will clear your MBR and you will end up with a virgin disk.

2) If you are dual booting with XP, again boot with a live linux cd and delete the linux partitions. Take extra care not to delete your Windows partitions. In order to fix your MBR, boot with your XP installation cd, select repair, enter the location of your XP (usually 1), enter admin password, type fixmbr and press enter, then type fixboot and press enter.
.