Re: What to do with installed rpms?

From: Anthony Perez-Miller (aperezmi_at_indiana.edu)
Date: 07/07/03

Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 03:28:14 +0000 (UTC)

george <replytogroup@linuxnewbie.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> I just installed Opera 7.11 on my RH 9 system.
> Do I have to keep the rpm of Opera 7.11, i.e. is it still needed after
> installation?

> Thanks.

> George

Ah, one at last that -I- know. :)

No, you don't need to keep rpms once they are installed. That being said,
I usually do keep the ones that I get from places other than RHN, so in
case of a system crash or other disaster I won't have to search the web
for them again.

regards,

--Anthony

Relevant Pages

  • Re: which ADE could create runtime for Win98
    ... Thanks George, Dave and Rick and sorry for any confusion. ... installation software package for Access 2000 mdb to run on Windows98. ... > To create an Access Runtime package that would install/work on Win 98 you ...
    (microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits)
  • RE: OWA will not use right click.
    ... George, ... The problem was fixed with the installation of "831464 FIX: ... Can this problem be reproduced when you logon the OWA site with other user's credentials? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How do I make a Service Pack 2 CD-R
    ... What do the computers experiencing the problem have in common? ... The closest you will get to a guarantee is a Clean Installation. ... > George Hester ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Do I need MS .NET 1.0, 1.1, or both?
    ... Troubleshooting Windows XP ... "George" wrote in message ... and about to upgrade to Office 2003 with Business Contact Manager. ... > installation if I don't already have it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [Urgent]: Why TclApp fails with 8.4.11.1?
    ... George ... > However, adding it one more time, and closing TclApp, did the trick. ... > Best regards, ... >>> installation, and a tap file is also present in the installation, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)