ulimit settings

From: L.Egberts (egberts_at_publishnet.nl)
Date: 07/11/03

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:18:08 +0200

Hi,

I want to install an application that need some adjustments at my ulimit
settings....I have a little script in /etc/rd.d that contains those
settings, but whenever I open a new shell ulimit -a shows me the old
settings..? Why should I do to let those settings for this user be started
automaticallt when i login in this user?

greetings,
L.Egberts

ps: btw..I am using RH7.1

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Solaris Kernel settings and process limits.
    ... ulimit -n $ ... Solaris Kernel settings and process limits. ... Yet if I see what the actual java process is doing for weblogic it still ...
    (SunManagers)
  • thread limit in python
    ... no matter what my ulimit or kernel settings are. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: setting ulimit -s within /etc/system
    ... The "Solaris Tunable Parameters Reference Manual" references both ... -s' reports the default of 8192 regardless of the settings of the two ... ulimit -s is environment, ... E.g. in a /etc/rc?.d start script? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Setting ulimits in /etc/login.conf
    ... By why didn't altering that change my ulimits ... I take it that the settings should be taking upon log in? ... were wanting to *increase* the databytes limit. ... reasons and my ulimit -d hasn't changed. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
  • Re: Larger matrices
    ... Read up on: ulimit for bash shell. ... For csh I seem to recall its: ... (type "ulimit -a" to see all settings.) ...
    (comp.lang.ada)