Re: Windows to Linux list?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 07/26/03

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:04:02 GMT

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:42:41 GMT, Adrian wrote:
>> Yep, bought a 120 gig drive for oracle.
>> Downloaded the cds and burnt them.
>> Plan to install under Mandrake if possible. Other people have done
> it.
>> Been googling to get sites for cookbooks on the install.
>
> I know a few Senior Oracle DBAs. Although, they use Solaris, not
> Linux.

Some problems with links, change LANG env var, package which shouldn't
be installed before starting the oracle install, some slight changes
to scipt, usual gotchas, they would have some fun. ;)

> Yes, I think three CDs are required for Oracle, or, put it all
> on one DVD.

I pulled down 5, I wanted db, tool, web stuff.

>> I think you mentiond raid in one of your posts.
>> you may need to do some googling also.
>
> Yes, currently I have two of my drives setup in RAID 0 striped,
> although that will be going away. I'm going to backup my data and
> destroy the RAID array then setup things in a non-RAID fashion.

I was thinking about the controller. If normal scsi I/F, should be ok.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Adding RAM
    ... About Oracle, I currently use Mysql for my TM databases but I have been ... Limited to a 4GB database but that should be adequate ... The rpm is easy to install and you get a nice tutorial to ... Here's the link to the Oracle-10g + Compiere installation on SuSE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Upgrade 8i to 9i --- multiple oracle_base !!!!!!
    ... > it's own system owning account. ... > 1) Install one copy of the latest version of SQL-Backtrack into its own ... completely separate from any Oracle directories. ... > 2) Shutdown and cold backup both databases. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • RE: DBD::Oracle on Oracle 11g 64 bit fedora 10
    ... I am having some worries with a new install of fedora 10. ... I also installed oracle 11.1.0.7. ... Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ... Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Windows to Linux list?
    ... bought a 120 gig drive for oracle. ... >> Been googling to get sites for cookbooks on the install. ... >> I think you mentiond raid in one of your posts. ... > Yes, currently I have two of my drives setup in RAID 0 striped, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • RE: :Oracle install problem On Solaris 8
    ... I tried to reinstall the Oracle client. ... To: Hemanth Kumar; Michael Nhan ... Subject: RE::Oracle install problem On Solaris 8 ...
    (perl.dbi.users)