Re: Windows to Linux list?

From: Bit Twister (BitTwister_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 07/26/03

Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 03:04:02 GMT

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 02:42:41 GMT, Adrian wrote:
>> Yep, bought a 120 gig drive for oracle.
>> Downloaded the cds and burnt them.
>> Plan to install under Mandrake if possible. Other people have done
> it.
>> Been googling to get sites for cookbooks on the install.
>
> I know a few Senior Oracle DBAs. Although, they use Solaris, not
> Linux.

Some problems with links, change LANG env var, package which shouldn't
be installed before starting the oracle install, some slight changes
to scipt, usual gotchas, they would have some fun. ;)

> Yes, I think three CDs are required for Oracle, or, put it all
> on one DVD.

I pulled down 5, I wanted db, tool, web stuff.

>> I think you mentiond raid in one of your posts.
>> you may need to do some googling also.
>
> Yes, currently I have two of my drives setup in RAID 0 striped,
> although that will be going away. I'm going to backup my data and
> destroy the RAID array then setup things in a non-RAID fashion.

I was thinking about the controller. If normal scsi I/F, should be ok.