Re: apt-get has hosed my rpm database

From: rick (rick_at_nospamhotsmail.com)
Date: 08/01/03

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:33:31 -0400

Kelvin L. Barnes wrote:
> Vwakes wrote:

> up2date worked without any problems until I installed apt-get. These are the
> results of the commands you suggested:
>
> $ rpm -q redhat-release
> package redhat-release is not installed
>
> $ rpm -qV redhat-release
> package redhat-release is not installed
>
> $ rpm -q up2date
> up2date-3.1.23-1
>
> $ cat /etc/redhat-release
> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
>
> $ cat /etc/issue-net
> cat: /etc/issue-net: No such file or directory
>
> $ cat /etc/issue
> Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)
> Kernel \r on an \m

Just curius, How did you install apt?
rick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bit Twister: Is this the dhclient-exit-hooks you were talking about?
    ... you have to use your editor commands. ... Yeah I got that part figured out now. ... I alwasy install in seprate partitions and share common stuff I ... save it all to peruse at a later date, thanks bit twister. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Another question of win2000 DC to win2003
    ... - Can I run adprep /forestprep /domainprep commands only for error ... It will ofcourse give you some downtime in the upgrade phase. ... Also check that all installed hardware/software is compatible with 2003 and you have the correct drivers available BEFORE running the update, so that you quickly install them. ... install/replication, Transfer 5 FSMO, dcpromo win2000). ...
  • Re: rx2600s on eBay
    ... HP OpenVMS Industry Standard 64 Operating System, ... You can install or upgrade the OpenVMS I64 operating system ... You can also execute DCL commands and procedures to perform ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Is it always this difficult to get started with BSD/unix?
    ... > installation of FreeBSD. ... without a gui. ... or use the suggested geometry from the install program. ... some of the cryptic commands. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: windows media player
    ... yum --enablerepo=livna install mplayer ... I always do this with new commands. ... So, if I understand the webpage correctly, I need Fedora extras first, ... Mplayer and run the yum command script in the directory where I put the ...
    (Fedora)