Re: Best Email Server? Sendmail?

From: Vwakes (vwakeNOSPAM100_at_softhome.net)
Date: 08/14/03

Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:27:18 -0700

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 Bill Turner wrote:

>(I'm new to Linux.) I remember hearing a lot about Sendmail a few years
>ago. Is this still the most common free email server for Linux/BSD?

Common and most popular - YES.

>Is there another that has replaced it or is better?

Postfix - Better (not replaced yet) in the sense it's easy to configure
and composed of individual components working towards one common goal -
I like that concept.

V.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Email auditing
    ... Derek Broughton wrote: ... An MDA (Mail Delivery Agent). ... it will come with documentation full of examples of common ... I'm _fairly_ sure (keeping in mind that I don't use Postfix!) that you can ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Email auditing
    ... Derek Broughton wrote: ... An MDA (Mail Delivery Agent). ... it will come with documentation full of examples of common ... you can do that through postfix. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Correction
    ... >> angst about why python is more popular than Common Lisp, ... > Python is popular because it is new. ... > who is scared of nested parentheses, XML is even worse. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: The Fossil Record
    ... Sure: comparative of 'common'. ... generally because of frequent occurrence *the common is that which is ... synonyms ORDINARY, FAMILIAR, POPULAR, VULGAR: ... POPULAR indicates the common due to acceptance, ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Specified Complexity or specified patterns?
    ... 1)The robots in the factory became more or less common depending on ... You get the part where living things can reproduce through natural ... worry that you’ll find some miniature robot there in nine months. ... possible that the less popular robot may be discontinued which would ...
    (talk.origins)