Re: Streaming Quicktime

From: Schlueri (no-spam_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:45:22 +0200

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:43:40 +0000, Alex wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how can I set up my RH9 system to pull down trailers
> from the quicktime site? I use Xine to view DVD's and and other video
> files. Is there a plugin for mozilla or can Xine be configured to view
> streaming video?

I use mplayer with the "dll package" and can view QT 6 video. There is
also a mozilla-mplayer package which integrates mplayer into mozilla. Very
poor but works.

Take a look to http://www.mplayerhq.hu , yoo'll find all the stuff there.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] Cant get video clips to play from laptop through projector -- long, sorry.
    ... On Monday 08 May 2006 17:41, Gil Weber wrote: ... component of the video clips played through the speakers. ... I looked at <xine -help> and found ... option for the video output) might work where neither Totem nor Kaffeine ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: FC4/Xine dropped frame rate
    ... Whenever I try to play any video in Xine, ... "Shared memory" video adapters almost always suck in many ways. ... Why does a "high spec machine" have a shared-memory video adapter? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Xine doesnt display video anymore
    ... Xine has been working nicely until now, but today I found out that it's not ... displaying video from dvds and svcds anymore, it only plays audio. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Xine vs. Mplayer
    ... >>about video players. ... >>have Firefox using Xine ... >>to open video links, how do I go in and make Mplayer ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Video problems when playing DVD
    ... >>Mplayer, Xine and Ogle with same result. ... My video controller is based ...
    (comp.os.linux.portable)