Multiple sound streams RH9/ALSA

From: Robert Pendell (shinji257_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/05/03

Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:16:37 GMT

I am currently running Gnome on RH9 and have everything working fine (a
luck thing mostly). I noticed that multiple audio streams are not
coming throught though. I enable system sounds and I can't get sound
from anything else. Disable it and I can but then, no 2 applications
will produce sound at the same time. I know the ALSA drivers are
installed properly and I know this problem existed with the OSS drivers
that were installed initally (which did work...). I am using the ALSA
0.9.7 rpms that were provded pre-compiled for RH9 at
http://www.freshrpms.net
Any solutions?

Relevant Pages

  • Multiple sound streams RH9/ALSA
    ... I am currently running Gnome on RH9 and have everything working fine (a ... coming throught though. ... I enable system sounds and I can't get sound ... I know the ALSA drivers are ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • hissing sound
    ... (sound was fine in RH7.3 and RH9 using same original SB Live! ... card). ... "IEC598 Optical Raw" the audio is muted (played with the settings ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RedHat 9.0 and Solo 9100 and LinkSys WPC11 V4
    ... I went and paid for rh9 and have installed it on a Gateway Solo ... I don't know about your specific sound (unspecified chip, ...
    (linux.redhat.install)
  • Redhat 9.0 with Solo 9100 and linksys wpc11 v4
    ... I went and paid for rh9 and have installed it on a Gateway Solo ... The sound doesn't work and my wireless wpc11 v4 isn't working. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)