Multiple sound streams RH9/ALSA

From: Robert Pendell (shinji257_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 10/05/03

Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 19:16:37 GMT

I am currently running Gnome on RH9 and have everything working fine (a
luck thing mostly). I noticed that multiple audio streams are not
coming throught though. I enable system sounds and I can't get sound
from anything else. Disable it and I can but then, no 2 applications
will produce sound at the same time. I know the ALSA drivers are
installed properly and I know this problem existed with the OSS drivers
that were installed initally (which did work...). I am using the ALSA
0.9.7 rpms that were provded pre-compiled for RH9 at
http://www.freshrpms.net
Any solutions?