Pixel32/Photoshop

From: Brand-X (bunnysquash_at_NOSPAMhotmail.com)
Date: 10/25/03

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:14:03 +1000

I am really keen to get a graphics/photo editing tool for Linux that is
comparable to Photoshop. The GIMP seems okay for somethings but it isn't
really a lot of use for creating rollovers or animations, all in all it
just doesn't seem to be as professional and slick to use as photoshop. I
tried downloading the demo version of Pixel32 which touts itself as being
the new photoshop. It has a great looking interface but seems from my
explorations to be a fairly average tool, not even as reliable as GIMP and
a lot of functions just don't seem to work at all or are hard to get
working and really laggy when they are doing something approximating what
they should.

I'm wondering whether anyone has found a really professional photo
editor/graphics tool for linux. I'm keen to hear of anything that could do
the job. Have other people had good experiences with Pixel 32?

Cheers,

Adam

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Goodbye Linux
    ... NN> i am also missing something as powerfull as photoshop in linux... ... NN> parallel windows installation on another partition. ... NN> maybe someone could now say: use GIMP. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: suggestions on upgrading to a new pc
    ... there's no photoshop, ... garmin doesn't have linux support ... ... and there's no Apps because the OS has no users. ... there are free Apps such as Gimp that have some utility ... ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Digital darkroom equipment questions
    ... No Linux drivers that I can find, ... the poster stated that he found Photoshop ... IMHO - GIMP has significantly more than most folks will normally use. ... which handles up to 16-bits per pixel. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Photoshop Elements sale: $59 Aug 28 only
    ... it's an example of something you *can't* do in the gimp. ... adobe doesn't support linux because linux has a tiny ... for the umpteenth time, the gimp is *not* an equivalent to photoshop, ... They still make a version to run on a unix system ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Is Photoshop really better?
    ... I'm a Mac and Linux geek rather than a true photographer. ... "Beginning GIMP" book. ... I've never used Photoshop, which might surprise ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)