Re: RH8 cpu load something high

From: Eric Meyers (spammerbegone_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 11/27/03

    Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:39:02 GMT

    YesBalala wrote:

    > We have a number of Dell PowerEdges running RH8, and we are monitoring
    > the cpu load, and found that from time to time, the cpu load will jump
    > up to more than 4 and it will last for around 2 hours (nearly
    > everytime). The normal cpu load is around 0.03. During that period,
    > there is no runaway process, and in some case when we check, there is
    > even no user process running at all.

    What does top tell you?

    > Btw, we have 2 CPUs, but top always comes up with 4. Checked with Dell
    > and they said this is normal.

    They're idiots. There is certainly a process causing it.

    • Re: RH8 cpu load something high
      ... > the cpu load, and found that from time to time, the cpu load will jump ... > everytime). ... The normal cpu load is around 0.03. ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: RH8 cpu load something high
      ... > the cpu load, and found that from time to time, the cpu load will jump ... > everytime). ... The normal cpu load is around 0.03. ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: RH8 cpu load something high
      ... > the cpu load, and found that from time to time, the cpu load will jump ... > everytime). ... > even no user process running at all. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)