usb mass storage

From: Jeff D. Wilson (jeffdwilson666_at_nyc.rr.com)
Date: 01/03/04

Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 05:55:09 GMT

Greetings,
I've just added a usb external hard drive with an ext3 filesystem and am
having trouble with editing fstab properly. I would like it to mount
automatically and be able to read and write to it. What's the proper line
in fstab? Thanks a million.
Jeffulon

--
remove evidence of satanic possession to reply

Relevant Pages

  • Re: usb mass storage
    ... > I've just added a usb external hard drive with an ext3 filesystem and am ... > having trouble with editing fstab properly. ... Read both 'man fstab' and 'man mount' for the details and other options. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Loop device
    ... shell:path$ sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 ... Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev loop1. ... After this we will have a closer look to your *iso file. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • help mounting second drive in FC4
    ... had the same second drive in an FC3 machine and it mounted it just fine ... now the drive will not mount. ... when i run the command (the drive is still ... Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev hdb2. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mounting an old external USB drive
    ... Am trying to mount an old BusLink USB drive but can't determine what device the ... Ron Johnson, Jr. ... he is in trouble again. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Mounting ext3 filesystem from USB keydrive
    ... I have an USB keydrive with ext3 filesystem on it. ... but I'm not succeeding. ... ext2fs: /dev/da3s1c: Device not configured ... Is my inability to mount caused by this "" or is there ...
    (freebsd-questions)