Re: usb mass storage now is FAT32 (vfat) but maybe ext3 is better?

From: Dan Hitt (hitt_at_panix.com)
Date: 01/03/04

Date: 3 Jan 2004 15:20:18 -0500

Hi Lenard,

Thanks for your advice, to read the man page for mount and fstab and to
add a line in /etc/fstab like
   /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb_drive vfat noauto,users,rw 0 0

Having the "users" option in the fstab line helps, sort of, at least
in the sense that any user can mount it.

But then all the files show up as owned by that user.

What i would like is to have some files owned by user A and
some files owned by user B, at the same time, and for this
to persist when the system is umounted and remounted.

Is this possible on vfat?

And if not, is it possible to reformat the drive
(e.g., fdisk + mkfs)?

Thanks in advance for any information.

dan