xosview and kernel 2.6

From: Jacques Rodary (jrodary_at_free.fr)
Date: 01/11/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:26:05 +0100

I can't get xosview to display anything with kernel 2.6 on fedora (ps
aux says it runs). It still works with *old* 2.4.23 kernel.
  Not very important, but I would like to understand :-)

Relevant Pages

  • (usb/bluez/alsa) 2.6.25-rc8 BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request
    ... unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at ... PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter ... # Infrared-port device drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Two FC7 questions
    ... or to never remove an old kernel. ... display for the motor home. ... map so the direction your moving is up, ... I have used roadnav with a smaller display when when using a GPS, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OpenGL-based framebuffer concepts
    ... The kernel subsystem should be agnostic of the display server. ... you don't want to lose your console in the middle of trying ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Upgrade Kernel, Lose External Display
    ... only X drivers that work with the nouveau kernel module. ... I'm showing the nv and vesa drivers in the log in both situations (docked and undocked, new kernel and old kernel). ... When I'm undocked and using the 1920x1200 display I can boot with the new kernel and everything works perfectly. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Panic on 5.1-RELEASE with ahc
    ... > All the hardware seems to be detected okay, and I've rebuilt a kernel ... > kernel too ISTR) is that on shutting down, I consistently get a panic, ... > RAM parity error, likely hardware failure. ... > This also causes the Hardware LCD display on the front to display "E13F5 ...
    (freebsd-current)