Re: Fedora and Mp3

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 01/12/04

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 23:31:18 GMT

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:33:05 -0500, tully typed:

> Just a quick question, trying to get me a linux box back up and running,
> but is Fedora still missing the mp3 functionality that Red Hat removed
> around 8.0? Thanks

Yes, download the xmms RPMS(RH9) from; http://www.xmms.org/download.php

Do not forget to get the other needed RPM's while visiting;

xmms-1.2.8-1
xmms-esd-1.2.8-1
xmms-vorbis-1.2.8-1

And ogg-vorbis sound is better then mp3 sound.

--
SCO + RICO Act = Justice
             Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Copy me to your .sig!

Relevant Pages

  • Fedora and Mp3
    ... Just a quick question, trying to get me a linux box back up and running, but ... is Fedora still missing the mp3 functionality that Red Hat removed around ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Fedora and Mp3
    ... > Just a quick question, trying to get me a linux box back up and running, ... > is Fedora still missing the mp3 functionality that Red Hat removed around ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Fedora and Mp3
    ... >> but is Fedora still missing the mp3 functionality that Red Hat removed ... > And ogg-vorbis sound is better then mp3 sound. ... I downloaded the files you listed, but when trying to install the xmms- ... and my system just hangs. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Fedora and Mp3
    ... > is Fedora still missing the mp3 functionality that Red Hat removed around ... I used apt-get update xmms* and it seemd to work OK. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)