g++ where is it?--newbee

From: ilaboo (plener_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 01/18/04

Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:16:58 GMT

new to rh 8 --newbee done some homework on linux
i understand that i need the c++ compiler on my system to make/build
programs is this true and where can i find it on my disk i have tried
fined / -name g++
to no avail

if it is not on my system what is eassies way to install it

thanks
peter

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Use of C99 int types
    ... > those that actually are part of the C-implementation for Linux. ... the kernel definitions are part of /usr/include). ... The kernel uses __foobar stuff provided by the compiler because it has ... > the Gimp and GCC run on completely different architectures aswell. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: censored by comp.compilers [was please suggest an OS and language a text]
    ... z/OS has way more hardware capability than Intel ... Linux has basically no doc except what people feel ... than simple file I/O to write a compiler, ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: censored by comp.compilers [was please suggest an OS and language a text]
    ... The x86 instruction set isn't that complex, ... Windows has a lot of doc but Windows doesn't do 10% of what ... a static compiler can probably be done with little more than file IO. ... a VM involving JIT may need a bit more to be effective (mmap and libdl on Linux, ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: function pointers
    ... I am using gcc under ... gdb, and the compiler, exactly like in 1986 when I first started using ... when running on linux, I usually use gedit or kedit. ... There is only one debugger: ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: 1] UNIX/LINUX Compilation 2] IDE
    ... under Unix or Linux? ... compiler, and Josh Vanderhoof's Cross ELF linker. ... AFAICT, RHIDE is the only ... VIM is in some ways as good as GNU Emacs ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)