Re: card did not being recognized

From: Tim (Tim_at_mail.localhost)
Date: 01/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:16:19 +1030

"shayan" <k.kheder@home.nl>

"hutuworm" <hutuworm@hotmail.com> wrote:

> lspci -x
>
> Such onboard NICs need proper drivers.

My on-board SiS900 chipset ethernet adaptor, on a hideous PC Chips
motherboard, no less, works fine with Red Hat 8.0 and 9.0 Linux's
internal drivers.

The other one mentioned, the RTL8139 is a PCI not on-board one, they
say. My PCI card using the same chipset also works fine, with the
default Linux drivers (as above).

There's nothing particularly special about either of those chipsets.

--
My "from" address is totally fake.  The reply-to address is real, but
may be only temporary.  Reply to usenet postings in the same place as

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wi Fi
    ... Most GNU/Linux versions contain support for a limitted set of cards, ... be used with that version of Linux. ... public the source code so that others can/could make drivers or modules. ... I am prepared go with a new distro and buy new WiFi equipment to do ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Wi Fi
    ... Most GNU/Linux versions contain support for a limitted set of cards, ... be used with that version of Linux. ... public the source code so that others can/could make drivers or modules. ... I am prepared go with a new distro and buy new WiFi equipment to do ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: An elementary question on LANs
    ... activities it is important to know how to configure network in text mode. ... You can use Linux as a gateway between two Ethernet networks. ... the Linux kernel doesn't detect multiple cards automatically. ... The installation instructions stated to install Windows 2000 or better. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Connected to Wifi but not to net
    ... you won't be able to get to the internet unless ... >> The remedy is to go to Settings | Connections | Network Cards, ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: I Want to identify best Linux approach, and any pitfalls.
    ... Most graphics cards now support XV acceleration, ... Linux is not Windows and never will be. ... >> Most USB cameras behave as Mass Storage Devices. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)