Re: card did not being recognized

From: Tim (Tim_at_mail.localhost)
Date: 01/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:16:19 +1030

"shayan" <k.kheder@home.nl>

"hutuworm" <hutuworm@hotmail.com> wrote:

> lspci -x
>
> Such onboard NICs need proper drivers.

My on-board SiS900 chipset ethernet adaptor, on a hideous PC Chips
motherboard, no less, works fine with Red Hat 8.0 and 9.0 Linux's
internal drivers.

The other one mentioned, the RTL8139 is a PCI not on-board one, they
say. My PCI card using the same chipset also works fine, with the
default Linux drivers (as above).

There's nothing particularly special about either of those chipsets.

--
My "from" address is totally fake.  The reply-to address is real, but
may be only temporary.  Reply to usenet postings in the same place as