Re: card did not being recognized

From: Tim (Tim_at_mail.localhost)
Date: 01/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:16:19 +1030

"shayan" <>

"hutuworm" <> wrote:

> lspci -x
> Such onboard NICs need proper drivers.

My on-board SiS900 chipset ethernet adaptor, on a hideous PC Chips
motherboard, no less, works fine with Red Hat 8.0 and 9.0 Linux's
internal drivers.

The other one mentioned, the RTL8139 is a PCI not on-board one, they
say. My PCI card using the same chipset also works fine, with the
default Linux drivers (as above).

There's nothing particularly special about either of those chipsets.

My "from" address is totally fake.  The reply-to address is real, but
may be only temporary.  Reply to usenet postings in the same place as
you read the message you're replying to.
This message was sent without a virus, please delete some files yourself.