Re: How to verify Fedora Core's isos with the Hash SHA1 codes?

From: Phisherman (nobody_at_noone.com)
Date: 01/25/04

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:00:18 GMT

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:04:15 -0600, wort <Alfred_e_neuman@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>You are welcome.
>
>http://www.google.com/linux is an excellent linux resource.
>
>I did a search for 'windows md5sum' and it was about the 2nd one in the
>returned list.

What should have been obvious, was not to me. I use Google a lot, but
not knowing to search for "md5sum" got me nowhere. This was a minor
stumbling block in my path to getting Linux up and running. If there
was a step-by-step procedure perhaps more M$ users would give Linux a
try. Plus, I'm no newbie with computers, lots of experience, but
absolutely none with Linux installation process. Already I am
impressed with the support here. Hopefully I will be helping others
as I gain expertise.

BTW, is there a separate Fedora newsgroup in the works as Redhat and
Fedora make their gradual split? Or will AOLR merge to to Fedora
users, or perhaps both?

Relevant Pages

  • help please remove me from the list.
    ... Re: Web Browsers ... No network after upgrade to Fedora 2 ... We are using a router but linux has so many browsers that it by passes the proxy server that I hav set using squid. ... >>I'm using the one from jpackage and I had to install the webapps>>seperately. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
    ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 55, Issue 19
    ... tcsh and fedora 9 ... Keeping Firefox+Flash from eating your CPU ... > available for Linux? ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?
    ... I use Fedora in exactly the same way I used ... >Red Hat Linux before it... ... Right, but it's a big change from RHL 7.3 Pro, which came with both. ... If that works out, and I can configure it just like my LAN server, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
    ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
    (Fedora)