Re: How to verify Fedora Core's isos with the Hash SHA1 codes?

From: Phisherman (
Date: 01/25/04

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:00:18 GMT

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:04:15 -0600, wort <>

>You are welcome.
> is an excellent linux resource.
>I did a search for 'windows md5sum' and it was about the 2nd one in the
>returned list.

What should have been obvious, was not to me. I use Google a lot, but
not knowing to search for "md5sum" got me nowhere. This was a minor
stumbling block in my path to getting Linux up and running. If there
was a step-by-step procedure perhaps more M$ users would give Linux a
try. Plus, I'm no newbie with computers, lots of experience, but
absolutely none with Linux installation process. Already I am
impressed with the support here. Hopefully I will be helping others
as I gain expertise.

BTW, is there a separate Fedora newsgroup in the works as Redhat and
Fedora make their gradual split? Or will AOLR merge to to Fedora
users, or perhaps both?