Unable to register with RHN

From: William Driscoll (driscollw_at_cox.net)
Date: 04/14/04

Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 22:22:40 -0400

Do I have to pay to update redhat 9 ? I downloaded it and I am not able
to update the software using up2date. When the box pops up asking me to
register I click "register with RHN". next it SHOULD display the
agreement but never does but, I can click forward to the next step
anyway. When I fill everything out I click send and it say "problem with
username". I have tried 10 different user names (including random
numbers) with no luck. This is a fresh install (2 hrs old) no errors
during install and I verfied media before installing. Please assist

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Cannot turn on automatic updates nor use windows update
    ... I couldn't register the "Wuaueng.dll". ... "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website. ... gives me an error message saying that "Windows cannot find 'scf'....". ...
  • RE: Cannot turn on automatic updates nor use windows update
    ... I couldn't register the "Wuaueng.dll". ... "Install the ActiveX control required to view the website. ... Windows Update Link: ...
  • Re: Package & deployment
    ... The winsock ocx *is* the indirect dependency. ... You might manually register all the other components as well. ... (compile and install). ...
  • Re: How to uninstall vb6 runtime files?
    ... I have tried to install the vb6 runtime files in the manner you suggested. ... ACTION: SystemFile: "C:\WINNT40\SYSTEM32\VB6STKIT.DLL" ... (File currently on disk was already up to date) ...