no link present error with Enterprise

From: Harmonious Musician (me_at_home.now)
Date: 05/16/04

Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:14:47 GMT

I've tried redhat mandrake before (not the same computer)
and had sound card problems.

I thought I'd give Enterprise AS 2.4.21-4.EL a try.
I can't seem to get it online.

While booting it reads:
Determining IP information for eth0 FAILED; no link present. check cable.
There are no other errors listed.

The link leds on the nic and router are on.

I'm duel booting with Windows-98 which works fine.

The nic is a 3com
Connected to a Linksys Router
(same results when connected directly to the cable modem)

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time..

HM

Relevant Pages

  • no link present error with Enterprise
    ... The link leds on the nic and router are on. ... I'm duel booting with Windows-98 which works fine. ... Connected to a Linksys Router ... (same results when connected directly to the cable modem) ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • no link present error with Enterprise
    ... The link leds on the nic and router are on. ... I'm duel booting with Windows-98 which works fine. ... Connected to a Linksys Router ... (same results when connected directly to the cable modem) ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: users accounts and email
    ... I am using a cable modem and a linksys router. ... Can you telnet to the mail servers on their respective ports? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Problems with Router/Firewall and cable modem
    ... I've been using Adelphia's "PowerLink" cable modem service for about three ... I installed a LinkSys router ... I'm also using the Netscreen as my DHCP server for ... interface, and the old LinkSys's WAN interface (yes I drug it back out to ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Computers on LAN wont recognize or talk to each other.
    ... Both computers talk fine thru my cable modem to the outside world. ... two of them connected to a Linksys router. ... I have tried running the Network Setup wizard on both machines, ...