smbmount

From: Terry A. Haimann (terry_at_pegasus.oldboy.com)
Date: 05/18/04

Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:26:17 GMT

I am trying to give my user (me) access to my samba shares on another rh
box. After some research it appears that I will have to issue the mount
command from root. Is this true?

The command I am issuing is:

smbmount //0.0.0.0/terry/ /home/terry/localdir -o
username=terry,password=mypassword,dmask=777,fmask=777

//0.0.0.0/ is ficticous, I just didn't want to put the real ip address on
the internet.

Well the command isn't working, I am getting the following error:

10582: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid
share name)

What am I doing wrong? Further info, I have password encryption turned
off (plain text passwords) on the samba server.