Re: Fedora or Mandrake?

From: Will Gilliland (will_at_r.e.move.ionxs.com)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:28:55 -0500

I have WinXP Pro and Fedora Core 2 running just fine. I'm not sure what you
mean by hosing up the windows partition.

"Walt Fles" <wefles@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> Mandrake 10 does not hose up your windows partition and MBR when u install
> it like Fedora Core 2 does.
>
> "Chris" <nospam@[127.0.0.1]> wrote in message
>> Fedora or Mandrake?
>> They both have new versions out.
>> I want to learn Linux and am wondering which to go for.
>> I'm English and Fedora is originated in America - so that might mean the
>> documentation is more accessible?
>> Can anyone tell me what are the significant differences between the
>> distros?
>> --
>> Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: xcdroast
    ... Fedora Core 3 and Mandrake are easiest with FreeBSD and OpenBSD ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Fedora or Mandrake?
    ... > I have WinXP Pro and Fedora Core 2 running just fine. ... > mean by hosing up the windows partition. ... Documentation in English is available for both, although the Mandrake ... This did not happen on every install, ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Second Best Linux?
    ... > anything about Linux, but I am about to start reading the books I bought ... Mandrake 10.1 is the easiest to use closely followed by Fedora Core 3. ... partitions when you do your first install so that you have places to put ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: will linux survive the fagmenting/forking
    ... ]> Using hda2's RH6.2 is not possible since the layout of Mandrake ... ]> Every where I turn and look there are incompatibilities. ... ]> But help is already here - Fedora Core is linux for everyone. ... ]> of creative effort has gone into fedora core. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Suggestion on which distro to choose...
    ... I've really only used two distros (Mandrake and Fedora Core), ... and of those two i can recommend Fedora Core the most. ... As far as Windows goes, you should back up all of your data to a FAT32 ...
    (comp.os.linux)