Re: md5sum is wrong

From: AG (atenor_at_email.com)
Date: 06/29/04

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:17:33 -0500

"jafar" <jafar@fatcat.delicats.net> wrote in message
news:pan.2004.06.29.16.38.42.224049@fatcat.delicats.net...
> Try an NFS install. If you can copy all the files over no problems and get
> as far as setting up the network installation, that should work for you.
> It's a real strange situation not having the 1st disk work so many times.
> Have you tried a bittorrent download?
>
> --
> Jafar As-Sadiq Calley
> Senior 1st Officer
> Livewire Airlines
> http://www.livewireairlines.com/

NFS I've only tried with Debian and couldn't get it to work due to Network
card driver problems. I'd really like to have the CDs in the office in case
of emergency. I've had a drive die before and I had a new drive in, RH9
installed and online copying user information from backup within 2 hours,
which included the drive to the store to get the new drive.
I haven't tried Bittorrent since I'm behind a firewall I'm not sure that it
would work and I can't do without the firewall, too much secure stuff going
on in the office. I'll give it a try now though.
AG

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Service Pack 1 & 2
    ... but enable to install because of service pack 2. ... >> I recently reinstalled Windows XP home on a new hard disk because the ... >> I tried to install service pack 1 but was rejected from doing so. ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Feedback solicited - best way to harden a mail/web server?
    ... Was the system protected by a properly configured firewall? ... it's not a bad "starting point" and it can generate an IPtables rule ... > nor is there a web or ftp server; aside from that I haven't tried to secure ... Before I'll install some nifty application ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: I THINK I HAVE A VIRUS MY ANTIVIRUS SCAN WONT EVEN RUN
    ... install some thing ells like ez antivirus or antivier both ahve free triles ... > your computer online - meaning you likely have usernames and passwords ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... > The system restore feature is a new one - first appearing in Windows ...
  • Re: Downloading updates in advance
    ... Did you enable the firewall in XP ... internet after a fresh install and then go to Windows Updates. ... The Microsoft Windows system contains invalid registry entries and your ...
  • The Trackers First Review Response
    ... Here are the "Malicious Hackers Best ... > hidden firewall applicationto protect their Virtual Private ... > your system for a Backdoor, Trojan Horse, Virus, or Worm until your ... Typically once a system is compromised, there is little need to install ...
    (alt.computer.security)