system console

From: Terry A. Haimann (terry_at_pegasus.oldboy.com)
Date: 07/15/04

Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:11:02 GMT

I am a mainframe computer operator, and on such systems the main console
lists when all jobs start/end, all sign ins are displayed and all
system messages are also displayed.

Is there a way for a command prompt to become system console under linux
or how else would one obtain this information?

I've looked through the /var/log/* and haven't seen anything of that depth.

Terry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Listing procedures (and code) from an embedded console
    ... Somewhere in my TCL/Tk book there was mention of a ... command you could enter to the console of an application with a TCL ... (lists the body of procedure "procname") ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: recursive console search that lists all .doc files
    ... > i want to write a console app that simly lists in the console window, ... Take a second look at that mp3 search routine: ...
  • Re: system console
    ... > I am a mainframe computer operator, and on such systems the main console ... > lists when all jobs start/end, all sign ins are displayed and all ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: amd64+gdb -- instant reboot (BETA5 and 4)
    ... It'll be pretty hard to debug otherwise. ... > I tried to set up the serial console today and could not. ... > Is there not a single person on these lists with an amd64 already ... The bug is extremely easy to reproduce ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: been buggin me for a while now (console resolution)
    ... when I boot into console. ... to issue a command once there but I have forgotten that command. ... You will have a 1280x1024 console after you reboot if your video card ... the first column lists the MODE id number. ...
    (freebsd-questions)