Re: Fedora Core2 AMD64 doesn't find harddisk on install? RESOLVED!

From: Michael Kirschner (michael.kirschner_at_t-online.de)
Date: 07/23/04

    Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:36:41 +0200

    Hi there,

    I got the solution from someone who uses FC2. It is NOT the SATA Raid
    driver.

    The SN85G4 uses internal USB card readers, which confuse Feodora's hardware
    probing. Therefore I booted the install with the "noprobe" option. However,
    if you do this, FC2 won't recognize the SATA Raid controller, which leads to
    the effect below.

    After deactivation of all USB devices I could install Fedora with no problem
    (without "noprobe" of course).

    Maybe someone finds thi information useful...

    Michael