Re: Kernel Panic

From: Jason Petersen (borg64_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/02/04

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 03:46:16 GMT

Richard Wagner wrote:

> I am not sure what got my Fedora Core 2 into this state
:snip:
> accidently typing something in a Term window while root-user

I think you just answered your own question. Respect the power of root
by using the su or sudo commands. Don't log in as root, and don't leave
root terminals running for no reason. These simple guidelines will do
much to help protect your system from unfortunate accidents.

To fix the system, you can boot from the FC2 install CD and enter rescue
mode. However, it's going to be tough going unless you have a clear idea
of what happened. You might have a look at /root/.bash_profile to see
what command was accidentaly typed in.

--
Jason