rpm question

From: Double Dumbass on You (spam_me_gently_with_a_chainsaw_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 14:08:26 -0700

When you get the file mode information from rpm -q --dump, there are 7
digits. The last three represent the rwx status, i.e. the numeric
representation. What are the first 4 digits?

E.g.
0100755 = -rwxr-xr-x
0100777 = -rwxrwxrwx
etc.

What is the 0100??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Gentler Decimal Floating-Point
    ... effectively change the radix of a decimal floating point ... under the heading "Logarithms all the time", ... logarithmic representation of numbers to be made workable for all the ... The middle digits are shifted only when the exponent, ...
    (comp.arch.arithmetic)
  • Re: Smart number formatting
    ... but a highly unlikely scenario in this program. ... anything the user inputs after the 8th decimal point renders ... > I have also considered counting the number of digits the user inputs to ... representation of a float or double. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • REPOST: Re: observation on NAF
    ... > There is a neat trick for constructing the wNAF that you might find ... > binary representation by doing a digitwise subtraction of n from 2n ... > digits as the w-NAF and has the same under of nonzero digits. ... My hunch is the density isn't as low as they suspect or my naf ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • REPOST: Re: observation on NAF
    ... > There is a neat trick for constructing the wNAF that you might find ... > binary representation by doing a digitwise subtraction of n from 2n ... > digits as the w-NAF and has the same under of nonzero digits. ... I used the trick of generating the digits right-to-left using the ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: First diagnal proof for real numbers
    ... digits in the following places have to be selected ... Heinrich Weber's "Lehrbuch der Algebra", ... Finite decimal fractions are ... To render this representation by ...
    (sci.math.research)