Re: Is there a way to program F keys in fedora

From: NoSf3RaTu (guneyn74_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 09/23/04

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:07:15 -0500

 dumpkeys | grep "F1 ="
string F1 = "\033[[A"

It looks like it should work... Puzzling!

"Paul Lutus" <nospam@nosite.zzz> wrote in message
> NoSf3RaTu wrote:
>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> It does not however work for me. Somehow I only get ~
>
> You haven't said what Linux distribution and version you are running.
>
> What does the command "dumpkeys" reveal? Try:
>
> $ dumpkeys | grep "F1 ="
>
> As suggested in my earlier message.
>
> --
> Paul Lutus
> http://www.arachnoid.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Reading nothing but EOF??!!
    ... Vinnie wrote: ... extensive testing showed that the path that I was building to the file was printed on the screen the right way, but somehow it was not as it seemed, and the open statement was opening some other blank file without reporting an error, even though I had the status set to "old" and there did not exist an old file with that name. ... One of the sections of strings that I was catenating to build the path was a string returned by a function, used directly in between two cat operators, as in // ... Well, as Richard M and others noted, if you would have posted the actual code, more than likely there's an obvious reason other than the grouchy woman allusion. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: replacing values using variable name
    ... And somehow I was getting type mismatch error. ... to ByVal rString As String, ... > Dim pString as string ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • using awk on a variable
    ... I imagine that somehow I am passing the variable to awk incorrectly. ... and it will contain the string shown in the error ... Writings of "The" Schizophrenic, what it's like to be a schizo, and other ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Reading nothing but EOF??!!
    ... | printed on the screen the right way, but somehow it was not as it seemed, ... | catenating to build the path was a string returned by a function, ... Even though the function returns a 4 character string, ... What is the declaration of Junk_str? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Population count in SSE2, again
    ... Someone tell me why 21 instructions and a branch, per word, is somehow ... load address of string to esi ... (dec-branch instruction) ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)