Re: Automatic mount on boot for iso9660 images

From: Randy McLaughlin (randy_at_nospam.com)
Date: 10/27/04

    Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:25:47 -0500

    "...." <e56c3678@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    news:6I6dnZHOG9lvVeLcRVn-vQ@adelphia.com...
    > I am using redhat 9.0, and I am trying to mount some .iso images into the
    > file system to share files out to the network. I have read several docs
    > telling me how to do this, editing auto.misc, auto.master, and/or fstab.
    > am able to mount the images manually (using loop), but I have had no
    success
    > at getting the images to mount automatically at startup.
    >
    > I am getting frustrated, because I have tried the solutins in several
    docs,
    > even re-creating the paths used in the examples (instead of what I am
    trying
    > to mount) and I can't re-create the results illustrated in the docs.
    >
    > Autofs IS running, so I can't figure out why I can't get it to work. Any
    > help would be greatly appreciated.

    I am no expert but why not just put the mount commands in one of the startup
    files (rc).

    Randy

    • Re: Solaris 10 network access from boot cdrom -s?
      ... I can mount the file system with the files, and I can copy them to another ... Of course, those instructions by themselves, although ... are insufficient to get network connectivity. ...
      (comp.sys.sun.admin)
    • Re: Shadow set problem
      ... I specify all members at startup with neither of the above ... the shadow set has a direct connection to only one node): ... , one node would come up quick enough to mount it ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Bypass mount/system request at boot time?
      ... Which obviously won't mount. ... Fatal errors in startup tend to actually *kill* the startup process, ... The exception is Telnet in Multinet. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Mount Netware crazyness
      ... > I would like to mount a netware file system on my woody box. ... ncpfs is a network file system - it will not work at all like this. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Automatic mount on boot for iso9660 images
      ... > file system to share files out to the network. ... > at getting the images to mount automatically at startup. ... I am no expert but why not just put the mount commands in one of the startup ...
      (linux.redhat)