Re: Webserver and MySQL ???

From: Otha Stubblefield (otha.stubblefield_at_ucla.edu)
Date: 11/18/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:20:55 -0800

    "Stephane" <root@root.com> wrote in message
    news:pan.2004.11.09.12.08.52.562381@root.com...
    > Hello there,
    >
    > I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database.
    > What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there
    > details online...
    > and to put these details into a database....
    > - Do you know where to find such information ?
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    >
    > Steph

    Canned versions of Apache may come already setup. You will need to find a
    web scripting language that can interface with the db. One good combo is
    apache-mysql-php.

    • Re: Webserver and MySQL ???
      ... > I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database. ... > What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there ... starters. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Webserver and MySQL ???
      ... I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database. ... What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: XP pro and Apache 2
      ... I'm not into Apache, but from what I gather so far, you've got it ... running on your XP box as a 'virtual webserver' and from that box you can ... This indicates that the browser is consulting a DNS server (through your ... webserver is the HOSTS file and in that file I see no reference to ...
    • Re: What are the dangers of having a Webserver?
      ... >> I keep reading about various security problems being found with Apache ... >> system through the webserver port, ... there are very occasionally bugs in the servers themselves such ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Windows XP and IIS with .Net
      ... Yes, you could download Apache, but if you are only writing desktop you ... else that requires a webserver it requires IIS. ... need to move to Windows 2000 or Windows XP ... David Dietz -- IIS Technical Lead ...