Re: Webserver and MySQL ???

From: Otha Stubblefield (otha.stubblefield_at_ucla.edu)
Date: 11/18/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:20:55 -0800

    "Stephane" <root@root.com> wrote in message
    news:pan.2004.11.09.12.08.52.562381@root.com...
    > Hello there,
    >
    > I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database.
    > What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there
    > details online...
    > and to put these details into a database....
    > - Do you know where to find such information ?
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    >
    > Steph

    Canned versions of Apache may come already setup. You will need to find a
    web scripting language that can interface with the db. One good combo is
    apache-mysql-php.

    • Re: Webserver and MySQL ???
      ... > I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database. ... > What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there ... starters. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Webserver and MySQL ???
      ... I am looking for some information on how to use a webserver with database. ... What I plan to do, is to build webpages, where people could leave there ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: Windows XP and IIS with .Net
      ... Yes, you could download Apache, but if you are only writing desktop you ... else that requires a webserver it requires IIS. ... need to move to Windows 2000 or Windows XP ... David Dietz -- IIS Technical Lead ...
    • Re: Restricting users to their own home directories / not letting users view other users files...?
      ... It wouldn't hurt to script something that crawls the homedirs periodically looking for perm problems, just in case something crops up. ... The webserver only needs read access to files You can make a perl script read only and then configure Apache so it's executable from within Apache but not directly from the hard drive. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: XP pro and Apache 2
      ... I'm not into Apache, but from what I gather so far, you've got it ... running on your XP box as a 'virtual webserver' and from that box you can ... This indicates that the browser is consulting a DNS server (through your ... webserver is the HOSTS file and in that file I see no reference to ...