Disk Swap

From: Jon Fear (jon_at_jjtnet-spamtrap.plus.com)
Date: 01/06/05

Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 23:29:37 +0000

Hi there

I am still running RH9 and have the need to upgrade my main boot drive
(\boot and \ and \swap all on here), which whilst is ok, is very nearly
full. I need to replace the 20gb drive with a 120gb drive. Under
windoze, I would use ghost. Is there a Linux alternative that I can use,
or is there a simple way ;-) of doing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disk Swap
    ... > I am still running RH9 and have the need to upgrade my main boot drive ... > windoze, I would use ghost. ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: OT: ZoneAlarm Bloatware
    ... I just tried the upgrade to see if they had ... When I attempted to install I got a message ... format just put the ghost backup for that drive back on. ... I also use 2 USB portables to do backups onto. ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: OT: ZoneAlarm Bloatware
    ... I just tried the upgrade to see if they had ... When I attempted to install I got a message ... I did the same ZA download just a week ago and had no problems at ... That's why I run ghost on all my drives every two days & save on ...
    (alt.machines.cnc)
  • Re: Ghost 14.0 backup password lost...
    ... Rather stupidly, after doing quite a bit of work on my brothers XP Home based PC on the 16th October, and whilst he was wandering around his home later that day recovering from a general anaesthetic, I did a final Ghost backup to his internal hd drive D:\ ...I,, suggested entering a Ghost 14.0 "encryption password," which he suggested,, and now neither of us can remember it. ... to say that he'd tried to "upgrade" AVG 8.5 to version 9.0 and ended up with his PC failing to boot up! ... ...and I usually do not ever enter an encryption password when Ghost backing up. ... He then used his PC until yesterday 30th Oct. when he then chose the darned "Easily upgrade to AVG 9.0" option that AVG slapped on to its' AVG 8.5 program interface, and he ended up with a non-booting PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Upgrade Bootcamp Macbook Pro Hard Drive using Ghost
    ... Ghost 8.3 to clone the original drive? ... increase partition sizes as well when I do the upgrade. ... You have to boot from the Ghost CD ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)