package list for 2nd machine

From: Al Bogner (root.forward.dev.null_at_n04c-nospam.pinguin.uni.cc)
Date: 03/04/05

    Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 23:36:07 +0100

    I would like to setup a 2nd FC3 machine with the same packages. How
    is this done best in a shell via ssh?

    Al

    • Re: Building 2.6.10 kernel for Debian and ncurses
      ... >>install it. ... > packages which are already installed and work fine. ... I highly recommend Richard Silverman's book on SSH, ... securely exchange files without shell access, ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Learning Lisp
      ... I compared VNC to SSH. ... Some programs can work only over VNC or a similar protocol, so I had a chance to compare these approaches. ... Let's say I need to check access rights on file /home/foo/bar.txt on server quux. ... This is what I would call 'doing it myself' -- I think of something, translate it to shell language, type and get results. ...
      (comp.lang.lisp)
    • Re: SFTP is not working
      ... When I try to use sftp or scp2, I get a message like this: ... sftp and scp2 both actually work by running ssh in a subprocess, ... The reason the shell startup files are relevant at all, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Did you hack into my UNIX server Bible Bob?
      ... But that's not a shell question. ... >> OSX users, should I be using ssh instead of telnet for security? ... OSX as a built in firewall tab. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: Building 2.6.10 kernel for Debian and ncurses
      ... >> packages which are already installed and work fine. ... >sourceforge.net for available chroot tools for SSH. ... account not unlike the concept of anonymous login for ftp. ... although the end users have to enter user IDs and passwords ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)