Re: Header/Footer Outside Print Area -- Problem Solved

From: Anthropos (Anthropos_at_SWBell.net)
Date: 03/29/05

Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:28:30 GMT

"Anthropos" <Anthropos@SWBell.net> wrote in message
news:pA22e.4327$yq2.3842@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...

"Chris L" <datadog@laelweb.net> wrote in message
news:4248b3c3$0$44698$892e0abb@auth.newsreader.octanews.com...
On 2005-03-28, Anthropos <Anthropos@SWBell.net> wrote:
> I'm running Mozilla Firefox in Fedora Core 3. When I print a page, the
> Header and Footer are outside the print area and hence, aren't printed.
> How
> do I adjust the settings so that this information is printed?

Go to File > Page Setup in Firefox, and increase your top and bottom
page margins.

----- Response -----

Already tried that. I set all four margins to one inch each. The margin
changes only affected the main body of the text. Headers and footers were
still outside the print area.

----- Additional -----

Actually, there are two dialog boxes where the margins are set -- one in
File > Page Setup in Firefox and the second in Print > Properties in
Firefox.

In Print > Properties, I set all four margins to 0.5 inch. In File > Page
Setup, I set top and bottom margins to 1.0 inch, the left margin to 0.7
inch, and the right margin to 1.2 inch. The left-right margin settings
center the print area on the printed page. One would have hoped for
symmetry. Go figure.

Problem solved.

Now how do I change the font and font size in the header and footer?...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Changing Margins in Pages
    ... set to .5 inch to draw a 7.5 inch line across the top of each page of the ... But then I need to reset to page margins for the text on the rest of page ... fire up the Inspector, go to Layout Inspector/Sections, select 'first page ... I need the header with .5 inch margins on every page and the text margins to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Proper approach for letterhead
    ... You don't change the *margins*; ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... "Just give the header paragraph negative right and left indents." ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: How to get a header image (logo) wider than page margins
    ... paragraph indents as a means of "changing the margins" for the header, ... you can also have different indents for odd and even ... headers if "Different odd and even" is enabled and different indents are ... I've never had problems with graphics exceeding margins but ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Creating a Letterhead Template
    ... a minor graphic--into the header. ... on the printed letterhead. ... and the bottom part in the First Page Footer. ... will have the normal margins. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Mergefields, IF statements and section breaks
    ... Say my target document has 1" margins and no ... Lions.doc = 0.75" top margin, 0.35" right margin, header present ... page of my final product seems to observe the formatting; ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)