FC4's yum times out

From: Trish (pmconway_at_access4less.net)
Date: 06/29/05

    Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:50:08 -0700

    YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an
    update. In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my
    hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. I tried
    this fix for FC4 - but no joy. What can I do?

    I'm really stumped and am on the verge of (reluctantly) going back to FC3?
    Any ideas at all as to workarounds would be appreciated!

    Thanks a lot.

    Trish

    P.S. I'm stuck on a 56K dial-up. &:-(