FC4's yum times out

From: Trish (pmconway_at_access4less.net)
Date: 06/29/05

    Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:50:08 -0700

    YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an
    update. In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my
    hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. I tried
    this fix for FC4 - but no joy. What can I do?

    I'm really stumped and am on the verge of (reluctantly) going back to FC3?
    Any ideas at all as to workarounds would be appreciated!

    Thanks a lot.

    Trish

    P.S. I'm stuck on a 56K dial-up. &:-(

    • Yum Times Out
      ... YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an ... this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my ... hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. ... I'm really stumped and am on the verge of going back to FC3? ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: Yum questions
      ... But that doesn't solve the yum issue. ... will end up with a system that bears little resemblance to FC3 (you'll ... have all the development and testing packages, ... Note also that some repos are not compatible with others. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: yum problem on updating from fc2 to fc3
      ... in /etc/yum.repos.d in FC3. ... "standard" fedora base and updates-released repositories that come as ... > header dir instead of a repos dir, ... just like the other repositories. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Yum Times Out
      ... Trish wrote: ... > YUM times out using the official Fedora Core 4 Repos when I try to do an ... In FC3, this problem resolved when I defined local mirrors on my ... > hard drive which pointed to the repos nearest to me in Los Angeles. ...
      (linux.redhat.misc)
    • Re: yum problem on updating from fc2 to fc3
      ... >> Error accessing file for config ... > apply to all repos, with no actual repos included there. ... > Fedora Extras does not yet have an FC3 repo. ... The man pages of yum in FC3 doesn't mention about repos(at least in my ...
      (Fedora)